It certainly wasn’t a smooth ride, but I can still say without hesitation that I considered the first day of the World Social Forum on Migration (WSFM) in Johannesburg a rewarding experience. On the first anniversary of the passing of Nelson Mandela, several speakers called upon the spirit of Ubuntu (humanity towards others) which they found missing in current migration policies – in particular the ones of the host country South Africa. A more detailed write-up will follow, but for now, here is a Picture Gallery of the excellent cultural performances during the opening day:
- 47,381 visits
- Reportage from the first Youth Forum in Marrakech #Youth4Migration
- Mayors Mechanism will become part of the #GFMD this year – Thouez: “bolsters position of GFMD in supporting implementation of Global Compact #ForMigration “
- Interview: Bedeutung und Auswirkungen des #Migrationspakt – und wie geht es weiter?
- Auf gut Deutsch: Meine Beiträge zum #Migrationspakt
- Interview on the Marrakesh PGA: “Equality of Rights for Everyone, Everywhere”
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.