- 48,018 visits
- Application for Civil Society Days in Quito open / UAE will host #GFMD 2020
- Out Now: Assessments of the #GFMD and the Global Compact #ForMigration – which road from Marrakesh?
- Reportage from the first Youth Forum in Marrakech #Youth4Migration
- Mayors Mechanism will become part of the #GFMD this year – Thouez: “bolsters position of GFMD in supporting implementation of Global Compact #ForMigration “
- Interview: Bedeutung und Auswirkungen des #Migrationspakt – und wie geht es weiter?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Category Archives: UN HLD
Two new special issues (SIs) on regional and global migration governance have been published and I had the opportunity to contribute articles to both of them. The first SI is dealing with multi-level “Migration Governance in an Era of Large Movements”, … Continue reading
The zero drafts for the Global Compacts on Migration and Refugees are out now, with the compact for “safe, orderly and regular migration” having been being made available earlier this week. The compact is to be agreed upon in a … Continue reading
A Global Compact from Below? Civil society issues “Ten Acts” for a compact on human #mobility and #migration
The consultations on the proposed ““Global Compact for Safe, Orderly and Regular Migration” are entering into their final phase. The final regional civil society consultation will take place this week for the Pacifc region in Fiji, followed by a stocktaking … Continue reading
..but how many forced migrants? That’s more complicated. There are 2 numbers everybody has in mind when talking about migrants and refugees: 244 million international migrants, and 65 million refugees and other “forcibly displaced persons”. But how do these numbers … Continue reading
(With this years’ GFMD taking place in Berlin, I have compiled some of my German language ressources). Im Vergleich zur globalen Debatte wird der Zusammenhang von Migration und Entwicklung in Deutschland eher selten diskutiert.Diese Beobachtung gilt auch für globale Prozesse, Institutionen … Continue reading