- 48,454 visits
- Out now: publications on regional migration governance – the case of ASEAN
- Application for Civil Society Days in Quito open / UAE will host #GFMD 2020
- Out Now: Assessments of the #GFMD and the Global Compact #ForMigration – which road from Marrakesh?
- Reportage from the first Youth Forum in Marrakech #Youth4Migration
- Mayors Mechanism will become part of the #GFMD this year – Thouez: “bolsters position of GFMD in supporting implementation of Global Compact #ForMigration “
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: Africa
Global Compact #ForMigration has been agreed upon – but questions regarding the modalities of adoption remain
On July 13th, the Global Compact #ForMigration has been agreed upon – but that much-lauded event by no means constitutes the end of the process. The formal adoption will take place in the “Migration Week” in Marrakech. At the center of … Continue reading
Today is International Migrants Day, marking the 27th anniversary of the adoption of the “International Convention on the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of their Families” by the General Assembly of the United Nations. Since last year there … Continue reading
After the WSFM is before the WSFM… But while there has been no announcement yet about the host of the 2016 World Social Forum on Migrations, some reports have been released and the declaration from the event that took place … Continue reading
The second day of the World Social Forum on Migration (WSFM)in Jo’burg did certainly not lack in variation: A morning panel ranging from a fundamental Palestine critique of Israel and its politics to talks on evictions and integration in the labour … Continue reading