- 47,856 visits
- Application for Civil Society Days in Quito open / UAE will host #GFMD 2020
- Out Now: Assessments of the #GFMD and the Global Compact #ForMigration – which road from Marrakesh?
- Reportage from the first Youth Forum in Marrakech #Youth4Migration
- Mayors Mechanism will become part of the #GFMD this year – Thouez: “bolsters position of GFMD in supporting implementation of Global Compact #ForMigration “
- Interview: Bedeutung und Auswirkungen des #Migrationspakt – und wie geht es weiter?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: Immigration
I have collected an overview of my publications on migration and democracy / democratization on a dedicated website and have created a corresponding facebook group. Please let me know if you have published something related to this topic and I … Continue reading
It is somehow seen as common sense that borders have to be protected – but what about the protection of people and their human rights at borders? Borderlands have gained increasing attention by activists and academics, but policymakers are often … Continue reading
Two shorter articles/comments I have written on the 2014 Global Forum on Migration and Development in Stockholm (GFMD) are now available online: One has been published in the journal Development + Cooperation (German version: Entwicklung + Zusammenarbeit), the other in … Continue reading
#GFMD2014 : Civil society unease over UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moons reference to “illegal (status of) migrants” #gfmd2014se
From a migrant civil society perspective, there was a lot to like about the opening speech of UN General Secretary Ban Ki-Moon for the GFMD common space. For once, he was the first after 4 speakers who explicitly mentioned the … Continue reading
There have been extensive debates on migration and development, but one central topic has often been neglected: democratic development and participation. A workshop on “Claiming our voices, claiming our right of suffrage” during the Peoples Global Action (PGA) in Stockholm … Continue reading