- 49,185 visits
- Peoples Global Action (PGA) on #Migration #Development and Human Rights started today ahead of the #GFMD12 in Quito
- New Working Paper Series on #Migration, Mobility, and Forced Displacement #MIASAmigration
- Out now: publications on regional migration governance – the case of ASEAN
- Application for Civil Society Days in Quito open / UAE will host #GFMD 2020
- Out Now: Assessments of the #GFMD and the Global Compact #ForMigration – which road from Marrakesh?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: integration
Out Now: „More than Remittances: Resisting the Dominant Discourse and Policy Prescriptions of the Global #Migration -Development-Mantra”
An article by Nicola Piper and myself has just been published as part of a Special Issue on “Rethinking Resistance in Development Studies”. The goal of this Special Issue of the Journal for Development Studies (JEP) is to “unfold different … Continue reading
There have been extensive debates on migration and development, but one central topic has often been neglected: democratic development and participation. A workshop on “Claiming our voices, claiming our right of suffrage” during the Peoples Global Action (PGA) in Stockholm … Continue reading
Interview on the #GFMD in Sweden: “Limited civil society participation a huge missed opportunity for governments”
It is less than a month until the 7th Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) will take place in Stockholm, Sweden. As reported on this blog, Amnesty International (AI) and the Global Alliance Against Traffic in Women (GAATW) have … Continue reading
Invitation Webinar People on the Move Migration for DevelopmentDear all, please find below the invitation to a Webinar on migration and development. 5 sessions will address the manifold implications of this “new development mantra”. The presentations by renowned experts will reach … Continue reading