- 40,356 visits
- Out now: 2 book chapters on regional #migration governance and civil society in (South)East #Asia
- A Global Compact from Below? Civil society issues “Ten Acts” for a compact on human #mobility and #migration
- Bridging the „micro“ and the „macro”: The Mayoral Forum on #Migration and #Development An interview with Colleen Thouez (UNITAR)
- PGA opening in Berlin: A time to be excited or cautious? #MigrantRightsBerlin
- Impressions of #GFMD_CSD Day 1: Global Compact? You know nothing, Jon Snow!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: Labor
Today is International #DomesticWorkersDay – reports and demands from migrant domestic workers #IDWD2017
On June 16 2011, the ILO adopted Convention 189 on decent work for domestic workers and its accompanying Recommendation 201. By now 24 countries have ratified the convention – 2 up from last year – , and a total of … Continue reading
Details are emerging on the upcoming Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) which will take place in just a little over four months in Berlin. For the first time, the Civil Society Days will start one day after the … Continue reading
“This convention has been a dream of domestic workers” says Hessen El Sayah from Caritas Lebanon. Her excitement is shared by many representatives of labour organisations, domestic workers and migrant organisations heren in Geneva at the International Labour Conference (ILC). Late Tuesday night … Continue reading