- 47,855 visits
- Application for Civil Society Days in Quito open / UAE will host #GFMD 2020
- Out Now: Assessments of the #GFMD and the Global Compact #ForMigration – which road from Marrakesh?
- Reportage from the first Youth Forum in Marrakech #Youth4Migration
- Mayors Mechanism will become part of the #GFMD this year – Thouez: “bolsters position of GFMD in supporting implementation of Global Compact #ForMigration “
- Interview: Bedeutung und Auswirkungen des #Migrationspakt – und wie geht es weiter?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: Mexico
Thursday late afternoon, the International Migrants’ Alliance (IMA) organized a counter-GFMD protest in front of “The Chair” at the Palais des Nations. Migrants living in Switzerland, Denmark, the Netherlands, Germany and Italy opposed the GFMD agenda and called for the … Continue reading
If you came to this page because I linked the blog in my article, this is obviously old news to you – otherwise, may I point out my article on the Mexican GFMD which will appear in the upcoming issue of … Continue reading
The Opening Ceremony of the Civil Society Days (CSD) of the 5th GFMD has just come to a close. 186 civil society delegates, among them 73 migrants, will debate for two and a half days among themselves and with government … Continue reading
The last of this year’s GFMD thematic meetings has just been held (a workshop on migration profiles in Manila), and it is less than a month from now that the “concluding debate” will take place in Geneva. With the program … Continue reading
There have been uncertainties about the future of the GFMD process – but it seems as if the Forum is here to stay, even beyond the next UN High-Level Dialogue on Migration in 2013. Sweden is part of the Troika that … Continue reading
Two documents have been made available that sum up the Mexican GFMD and provide an outlook on the Swiss one Also, the little-known Platform for Partnerships receives an overhaul. First,