- 49,024 visits
- Peoples Global Action (PGA) on #Migration #Development and Human Rights started today ahead of the #GFMD12 in Quito
- New Working Paper Series on #Migration, Mobility, and Forced Displacement #MIASAmigration
- Out now: publications on regional migration governance – the case of ASEAN
- Application for Civil Society Days in Quito open / UAE will host #GFMD 2020
- Out Now: Assessments of the #GFMD and the Global Compact #ForMigration – which road from Marrakesh?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: #Migrants
At todays UN High-Level Plenary meeting on addressing large movements of refugees and migrants in New York, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) will become a “related organization” of the United Nations. This begs the obvious question: What difference will it … Continue reading
I have collected an overview of my publications on migration and democracy / democratization on a dedicated website and have created a corresponding facebook group. Please let me know if you have published something related to this topic and I … Continue reading
The application process for the Civil Society Days (CSD) of the upcoming Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) has started and is open until 22 July. The CSDs will take place in Dhaka, Bangladesh, from 8- 9 December, followed … Continue reading
On June 16 2011, the ILO adopted Convention 189 on decent work for domestic workers and its accompanying Recommendation 201. Since then, after a slow start progress has been made: 22 countries have ratified the convention, more than 30 have … Continue reading
Stefan Rother, Freiburg University This article is part of the Democracy Futures series, a joint global initiative with the Sydney Democracy Network. The project aims to stimulate fresh thinking about the many challenges facing democracies in the 21st century. Over … Continue reading