- 48,283 visits
- Out now: publications on regional migration governance – the case of ASEAN
- Application for Civil Society Days in Quito open / UAE will host #GFMD 2020
- Out Now: Assessments of the #GFMD and the Global Compact #ForMigration – which road from Marrakesh?
- Reportage from the first Youth Forum in Marrakech #Youth4Migration
- Mayors Mechanism will become part of the #GFMD this year – Thouez: “bolsters position of GFMD in supporting implementation of Global Compact #ForMigration “
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: multiculturalism
The application process for the Civil Society Days (CSD) of the upcoming Global Forum on Migration and Development (GFMD) has started and is open until 22 July. The CSDs will take place in Dhaka, Bangladesh, from 8- 9 December, followed … Continue reading
#GFMD2014 : Civil society unease over UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moons reference to “illegal (status of) migrants” #gfmd2014se
From a migrant civil society perspective, there was a lot to like about the opening speech of UN General Secretary Ban Ki-Moon for the GFMD common space. For once, he was the first after 4 speakers who explicitly mentioned the … Continue reading
There have been extensive debates on migration and development, but one central topic has often been neglected: democratic development and participation. A workshop on “Claiming our voices, claiming our right of suffrage” during the Peoples Global Action (PGA) in Stockholm … Continue reading
#Migration Outlook 2014 Pt. II: People’s Global Action on Migration, Development & Human Rights #PGA
The dates have been announced for this year’s People’s Global Action on Migration, Development & Human Rights (PGA). The event will take place in Stockholm, Sweden, on 9-11 May (Friday-Sunday) – and thus right before the 2014 Global Forum on Migration and … Continue reading