- 40,356 visits
- Out now: 2 book chapters on regional #migration governance and civil society in (South)East #Asia
- A Global Compact from Below? Civil society issues “Ten Acts” for a compact on human #mobility and #migration
- Bridging the „micro“ and the „macro”: The Mayoral Forum on #Migration and #Development An interview with Colleen Thouez (UNITAR)
- PGA opening in Berlin: A time to be excited or cautious? #MigrantRightsBerlin
- Impressions of #GFMD_CSD Day 1: Global Compact? You know nothing, Jon Snow!
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: refugees
Bridging the „micro“ and the „macro”: The Mayoral Forum on #Migration and #Development An interview with Colleen Thouez (UNITAR)
“How can we connect the global debates with the policies on the ground?” was one of the main questions that kept coming up during the recent cluster of events in Berlin on global migration governance, development and the global compact … Continue reading
..but how many forced migrants? That’s more complicated. There are 2 numbers everybody has in mind when talking about migrants and refugees: 244 million international migrants, and 65 million refugees and other “forcibly displaced persons”. But how do these numbers … Continue reading
Today is #InternationalMigrantsDay : Compact instead of Convention? A Collection of #MigrantsDay ressources
Today is International Migrants Day, marking the 26th anniversary of the adoption of the “International Convention on the Rights of All Migrant Workers and Members of their Families” by the General Assembly of the United Nations. Since last year there … Continue reading
A “Call for Expressions of Interest” for the 3rd meeting of the European Migration Forum has been released. The forum will take place in Brussels, 2-3 March 2017, with the theme “Migrants’ access to the EU, to rights and to … Continue reading
In less than six weeks from now, the 9th Global Forum on Migration and Development will take place in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This will mark the first major global gathering on the issue after the UN summit on migrants and refugees … Continue reading