- 47,855 visits
- Application for Civil Society Days in Quito open / UAE will host #GFMD 2020
- Out Now: Assessments of the #GFMD and the Global Compact #ForMigration – which road from Marrakesh?
- Reportage from the first Youth Forum in Marrakech #Youth4Migration
- Mayors Mechanism will become part of the #GFMD this year – Thouez: “bolsters position of GFMD in supporting implementation of Global Compact #ForMigration “
- Interview: Bedeutung und Auswirkungen des #Migrationspakt – und wie geht es weiter?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: securitization
The plight of irregular migrants features fairly prominently on the agenda of this year’s GFMD. In three events on the issue, the recently appointed UN Special Rapporteur on the Human Rights of Migrants, François Crépeau , made it clear that … Continue reading
If you came to this page because I linked the blog in my article, this is obviously old news to you – otherwise, may I point out my article on the Mexican GFMD which will appear in the upcoming issue of … Continue reading
Just now, the government meeting has been officially opened and the civil society declaration was delivered – to soft a statement, as many complain… but before I reflect on that, here is some news about the reality of borders, citizenship … Continue reading
A call frequently heard at the PGA and similar events is one for closer cooperation between activists and academe/researchers. At the meeting in Mexico-City, this cooperation seems to be quite well underway. The tone of the presentation of researchers at … Continue reading