- 49,273 visits
- Peoples Global Action (PGA) on #Migration #Development and Human Rights started today ahead of the #GFMD12 in Quito
- New Working Paper Series on #Migration, Mobility, and Forced Displacement #MIASAmigration
- Out now: publications on regional migration governance – the case of ASEAN
- Application for Civil Society Days in Quito open / UAE will host #GFMD 2020
- Out Now: Assessments of the #GFMD and the Global Compact #ForMigration – which road from Marrakesh?
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Tag Archives: trafficking
New York Times Reporter Ian Urbina has contacted me to bring attention to his investigative research on the work of seafarers globally and the human rights and labor abuses they face on the high seas. As recent reports in particular … Continue reading
Non-binding, informal processes, “best practices”, “voluntary” frameworks – all fine and good. But once more, the International Labour Organisation (ILO) has demonstrated to be the place where legally binding agreements that benefit labour migrants can be reached. During its annual … Continue reading
#PGA2014 goes Catwalk: Fashion vs. Human Trafficking #GFMD2014 (with gallery J The concept might have raised a few eyebrows beforehand, but the workshop and catwalk show on “The Role of Fashion in Shaping Migrant & Labour Rights” brought some serious … Continue reading
“One step forward, one step back” was my overall assessment of the GFMD in Athens * – referring to attempts towards better interaction between Civil Society and Governments on the plus, and a major lack of transparency on the … Continue reading