An article by Nicola Piper and myself has just been published as part of a Special Issue on “Rethinking Resistance in Development Studies”. The goal of this Special Issue of the Journal for Development Studies (JEP) is to “unfold different theoretical understandings of resistance that have led empirical research on struggles against ,for and within‘ development’ since the 1990s”. The article includes research based on our participation in the United Nations High-Level Dialogue on Migration and Development (UN-HLD) in 2013 in New York. Here is the link to the Journal and the abstract: Continue reading
- 20,318 visits
- Out Now: „More than Remittances: Resisting the Dominant Discourse and Policy Prescriptions of the Global #Migration -Development-Mantra”
- Update on the 6th World Social Forum on Migrations #WSFM in Johannesburg: Schedule available
- CfP “Translocal Spatial Practices, Urban Transformations: Migration and Mobile Urbanism in South and South-East Asia”
- Out now: My first 2 articles on the 2014 #GFMD in Stockholm
- New #ILO Protocol on Forced Labour adopted
© Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG 2010-2013. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Stefan Rother and GFMD-BLOG with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.